Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's Happening This Weekend?

This is my first post on this blog and it came at an excellent time. What is our family doing this weekend? I don't know exactly what my family is doing this weekend, but I do know what I am doing this weekend. I am going to be packing my bags and heading to Palm Springs for the Resolved Conference tomorrow (Friday through late Monday night). It is going to be a ton of fun. The lineup of preachers is what makes going to this specific conference worth everything. I will be able to listen to two sermons each from Steve Lawson, John MacArthur, John Piper, CJ Mahaney, and Rick Holland. I also have heard that the final night will consist of Mahaney and Piper back to back again like last year. Last year was an amazing time and this year is going to be great again as well. This year's topic is on Sin, which should put a lot of things into perspective. I know I am rambling a bit here; so I will go to the day by day analysis beginning today of what I am going to do or have done today.

Thursday (today) -
I have accomplished many things today. Pulling weeds, mowing the lawns, doing handyman type jobs around the house, etc. My family and I are going to be going to my cousin's graduation party in about a couple hours. We also have Bible Study at 7. Should be a great time as always!

Friday - Pack bags to go to Resolved. My friend Chance and his father are going to be pick me up around one o'clock. We should be arriving in Palm Springs around 3 if traffic is ok. Conference registration opens at 5 and Holland preaches at 8.

Saturday - Resolved Conference............

Sunday - Resolved Conference...............

Monday - Resolved Conference............ Leave whenever last session ends. Probably around 10 and get home about midnight.

Tuesday - Wiped out and tired. Reflect on what happened at conference and how I am going to apply the specific applications to my life. Orthopedic doctor's appt. at 11 am and pray that x-rays show that bone is fully healed.

I will stop at Sunday next time, but I wanted to end with the Resolved Conference for this specific time.

Soli Deo Gloria!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I pray that you have a blessed time, dear brother. (:

Love your sis,
Rach :)

Jenna said...

Have a great time at the Resolved Conference Joshua!

Sola Fide,
Jenna

Josh said...

Hey Josh, It's good to hear from you! Don't worry, I know what it's like to have no time...

The Resolve conference sounds amazing and I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time and come home quite inspired!

Part of my family is going to a goat show, while the others will stay home and hold the "fort" down!
We're leaving early this afternoon and still have lots to do, so I need to go tackle some various jobs:)

God Bless,
Josh

Bethany said...

Sounds like a full weekend! Hope you are blessed at the Conference!

A sister in Christ,
~Bethany~