Monday, June 1, 2009

Sour!


This morning, I took Elizabeth outside with me while I did laundry. I let her swing on the swing underneath the big tree in our backyard and roam around the yard. I decided that we should have a peach from our tree, so we shared one. Afterward, I was curious to see if the grapes were ripe enough to eat. We sauntered over to the grape vines and I picked a grape. Bite. Bite. It was sour! Yuck. I spit it out and Elizabeth looked at me like, 'Sissy what are doing?' Now I know to ask someone if the grapes are ready to eat.

Josh said that we could saunter over to the blackberries next time, since there are a lot of them AND they are ready to eat!

~Rachel M.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Wow. Your growing season is very different than ours we won't have Blackberries for several more weeks...

Josh

Bethany said...

ummmm, fresh fruit sounds so good! Strawberries are about to come on around here and it won't be long after that when everything else starts hitting. Then we can start canning and preparing for winter again. ;) (this reminds me, we need to can a bunch of grape juice this year!)
~Bethany~

Rachel said...

Berries are so tasty, aren't they? God does an amazing work. (:

In Him,
Rachel M.